This recipe was inspired by an episode of Shawn Stevenson's The Model Health Show podcast. Shawn Stevenson is a fitness and nutrition expert who used food as medicine to cure his "incurable" spinal disease and went on to launch The Model Health Show to inspire others to use food to solve their own health challenges. Shawn maintains that he could not have found his road back to health without first paving a way to better sleep. In this episode, Shawn hosts a masterclass on sleep and fat loss. He talks about how your sleep quality plays a more important role in fat loss than your diet and exercise combined! Shawn lists many ways to improve your sleep, including increasing your calcium intake. It turns out that the often overlooked sesame seed is much denser in calcium than cow's milk.
INGREDIENTS PER GLASS:
- 2 teaspoons of date syrup
- 3/4 cup of a brewed light-to-medium strength oolong tea (such as Golden Goddess of Mercy or Yellow Goddess of Mercy)
- 1/4 cup of sesame milk (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of cardamom powder
- ice cubes
Mix ingredients together and add ice cubes.